News in Muonio
- This winter we will not see Trude Dybendal, Marit Mikkelsplas, Elena Välbe, Manuela Di Centa and Tuulikki Pyykkönen any more. They have decided to do something else, not to ski on top level.
- And Vladimir Smirnow have ended his career as top skier in World Cup. He will ski in WorldLoppet races (i.e. long distances).
- Mika Myllyläs ear was ill. He didn't ski relay.
News in Milano
- 7.12.: Time-trial. 32 best are selected.
- 8.12.: Knock-out race: first round 16 pairs, second round 8 pairs, ....
- 8.12.: On round 3 all male skiers didn't know how many rounds they should ski. It seemed that the route was too sort and too tight.
- Sprintraces at 27-29.12 are not included in normal World Cup. They are included only in Sprint Cup. All other sprintraces are included in both the normal World Cup and the Sprint Cup.
- 27.12 Group starts: 4 skiers in each strartgroup.
- 28.12 Group starts: 8 skiers in each strartgroup.
- 29.12.: Knock-out race: 2 skiers starts and the winner will continue to the next round.
Hannu K. Niinimäki