Counting since 9.11.2005
Copyright © 1996-2007 by Prof. Timo Salmi
Last modified Sun 25-Feb-2007 20:04:39
I'd like to upload my own material to Garbo. How do I do that?
I have written some programs myself which I
think might be of general interest. Or I have obtained this fabulous
program which I think would be of general interest. Or I have a more
recent version of this program than you have on your archives. Or I
have this scientific paper I would like to submit to your
repository. Would it be possible to upload them to your
Please see the text instruction files /pc/UPLOAD.TXT and /pc/UPTEXT.TXT for the
full information on this question. In brief, we welcome quality
MS-DOS uploads in many, but not all categories.
Please read this material very carefully
before uploading to Garbo. Following the instructions
will save your own and our time. Also please
in advance check which
sections are currently open for submissions.
A summary of /pc/UPLOAD.TXT
for experienced users. Check carefully before uploading!
- Quality software solicited.
- Please use /pc/UPTEXT.TXT for the compulsory announcement outline.
- Email your *MS-DOS* upload announcement to ask us. Was: pc-up@uwasaX.fi (remove X)
- MS-DOS uploads without _email_ to ask us (was: pc-up@uwasaX.fi) will be deleted!
- Compulsory descriptive subject in your email STARTING with the file name!
- (Example: "gismo10.zip Global Integrated Simulation Model uploaded")
- Use only .zip (2.04G or Info-ZIP's compatible) (also for bare text files).
- Don't forget to transfer your .zip file in the binary mode.
- Use version numbers and unique, non-reserved file names (check our index).
- If made with Unix zip, still use MS-DOS eolns for embedded text files.
- If yours, include documentation in package, or make self-documenting.
- FTP MS-DOS files to /pc/incoming (Windows files to /windows/incoming).
- Your message will be used as such for announcing on the news.
- Your message's right margin no further than at column 72.
- Don't use tabs in writing to us.
- English only (goes both for the programs and your announcement).
- Emphasis on MS-DOS utilities, not all subject categories carried.
- Programs that stop working after a fixed date will not be accepted.
- If not yours, check that it is distributable, i.e. shareware, freeware or PD.
- Fully developed programs. No alpha or beta test program versions.
- Do not include vbrunxxx.dll files. They are available separately.
- If it is both an MS-DOS & Windows package, MS-DOS takes precedence.
- No special limitations on distribution (e.g. no CD-ROM) are allowed.
- You have to disclose your full name. No anonymous or aka uploads.
- Please be patient. The response times can be quite long.
An outline of the information that will be required in your
submission email as explained in detail in
- File name:
- One line description:
- Suggested Garbo directory:
- Uploader name & email:
- Author or company:
- Email address:
- Surface address:
- Special requirements:
- Shareware payment required from private users:
- Shareware payment required from corporates:
- Distribution limitations:
- Garbo CD-ROM distribution allowed without preconditions:
- External documentation included:
- Source included:
- 10 lines description:
- Long description: